Shop

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Carmilla The Vampire Queen

Watch on DA | Pixiv | Tumblr


Lately I've been playing the first Castlvania Lords of Shadow, and I've really enjoyed it! I always wanted to play any Castlevania title, and Lords of Shadows gave me the big opportunity to do it xD.

I decided to draw Carmilla not only because I like vampires (the old school ones), but also because I fell in love with her human form design! she's such a beautiful yet deadly female.

At first I made a previous sketch that I didn't liked at all, that's why I decided to make another one, and this came out. I wanted to reflect her sensual figure, but also her deadli side, that's why she has dome blood on her left hand. 
I also had to make a lot of research no only for her outfit, but I also had to search for tons of gothic building references in order to draw the window as accurate as possible (Carmilla's Castle from the first LoS is a gothic one). For drawing Carmilla, I wanted to stay as away as possible from my anime style.

I don't know how many time it took me to draw the whole piece, but it took me about 4 hours to paint it. Here you can see the two Speed Paint Videos I made (and it's the first time that I've recorded me while painting the whole background):


No comments:

Post a Comment