Shop

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Eleanor of Aquitaine

Watch on DA | S6

5th and antepenultimate piece of this series!

For this one I didn't know who to draw, that's why I made a poll on my DA asking the people if they wanted me to draw Eleanor of Aquitaine, Mary I of England or Anne Boleyn. Eleanor was the winner, so here she is!

Eleanor of Aquitaine (1122-1204) was one of the wealthiest and powerful women in western Europe during the High Middle Ages. She became Duchess of Aquitaine in her own right when she was still a child, then later Queen Consort of France (1137-1152) and of England (1154-1189). She was the mother of Richard the Lionheart.

This piece gave me a huge headache, since I had problems with the pose and the armor. In her times, warriors used a chain mail and some kind of tunic over it and, since I'm lazy, I decided to draw only the tunic over the dress. 
I also had problems picking her hair colour, since in some paintings it seemed to be red, in others it seemed blonde and even light brown. I finally painted it red because I liked it more.

FOLLOW MY WORKS ON FACEBOOK


No comments:

Post a Comment