Shop

Friday, January 3, 2014

Red Riding Hood

http://fav.me/d70i5o7
Watch on DA | Pixiv | Tumblr


Happy New Year for those who takes their time on reading this blog! xD
So yeah, here I come with the first entry and the first finished drawing of the year!

The main idea of this piece was to draw a samurai/demon-slayer version of the popular character Red Riding Hood, who also has a big brown werewolf at her service xD.

The thing that gave me my first headache was Red's pose, since I didn't liked the first one I drew, so I needed to look for references until I found one that I liked for this piece. The second headache came with her clothes design, because the ones that I thought at the beginning came out so ugly that I had to redesign them, and I finally added a metallic corset. I also had to look for references of japanese armors. After that, I didn't knew if it was better to draw her with some kind of bloomers or with an skirt...an I finally ended up drawing an skirt with a cut on the side and the garthers.

The werewolf was hard to draw since I'm not used to draw this kind of characters, so I didn't knew how the proportions should be >_<, anyway, I think it doesn't looks that bad!.

For the background I used a lot of green and blue tones to give it a night atmosphere, I like how it came even if I didn't detailed it as much as I wanted. I used some brushes that I had on my computer for the leaves and the moon texture...I just hope I could remember where I got them, I also should make my own ones!

And yeah! the ground is full of blood xDDD

Speed Paint Video

No comments:

Post a Comment